Re: Rallye Thought

At 07:43 PM 8/4/00 -0500, Robert Head wrote:
>I thought I would mention that for those who are traveling to the Rallye
>through multiple states that you may want to consider calling your credit
>card company and let them know. I have never had it happen to me but do know
>some people who had the cards turned off due to unusual activity. Different
>states on differnt days.

It can also happen when using in multiple states on the same day. The
reason behind this is that credit card thieves use the gas station to check
and see if the card has been reported stolen yet. They swipe it and if
approved, they head to the mall and go to town. You can call ahead with
some companies, but best bet is to carry more than one. FWIW, Citibank
seems to be the quickest to cut them off.

- - Eric