6,000 mile update

Hey all,
	I just got my Y2K ST back from the dealer (CalBMW-Triumph) where it had
its 6K service. They gave it a clean bill of health. Even the rear brake
pad looked in good shape. (I elected not to get my fuel sender replaced,
however. <grin>) New sticky buns -- Michelin Pilot Sports -- replaced
the stock Bridgestones, which probably could have gone for another 2K
miles. The front forks were supposed to be RaceTech'd, but they had the
wrong valve emulators in stock, so I have to go back in a couple of
weeks to get that taken care of.
	I got to ride a BMW F650 for the day while the dealer worked on my
bike. I was briefly considering one of these when I was looking at new
bikes, but couldn't find a dealer that had any in stock at the time. Now
that I've ridden one, I know I'd have been pretty disappointed. Vague
controls, very weak front brake, and not too much HP out of that thumper
engine. It reminded me of riding a moped...
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA