Re: TSRA Rallye 2001 Locations & Directors

At 10:10 PM 8/3/00 -0700, Jim wrote:
>Well i am guessing that the original organizers didn't think much about
>the people on the west coast when they planned the first one.

We thought plenty - it was very simple - we had everyone on the list
suggest a location, narrowed it down and then voted again. The final two
choices were Arkansas and Colorado. Arkansas won.

After the first day of the ST Rallye, we knew we would be doing it again.
We decided at that time that we would take suggestions from all, but the
vote would be made by those that attended the first event.

This year we had a number of suggestions on both coasts - North Carolina
won out. With the response we received, we realized that we were probably
going to be able to do two events - one on the east coast and one on the
west. That's where we are now....

An event in CA would draw from the western states - in CO, you would see a
draw from the west and the east. We will be talking about the western
location at the Rallye, but will be getting more input from Western riders
before making the final decision.

Where ever it ends up, be sure that it will be a lot of fun .....

- - Eric