Re: Bike Lift -- Does anyone on this list even have one?

Stuart,

I have a bike lift.   I bit the bullet several years ago and bought a top of
the line unit, which I have never regretted.   It is manufactured by Western
Manufacturing Corporation in Marshalltown, Iowa -- 1-800-247-7594.  I think
I spent close to $900 US (gulp!).  It is an electric lift (I did not have a
compressor in my garage for the faster air lift).   It is a 2131 series.   I
cannot remember if it came with, or I also ordered the CV-16 Cycle Vise to
secure the front wheel.    I also have mine equipped with extension panels
on each side so I can place my feet down when riding the bike onto the lift.
I also have the ramp.   This thing is invaluable for working on my bikes---
no more bending down to look up and under.    Oil changes are a breeze, so
are removing wheels, working on brakes--- anything you can imagine.

A couple of notes:  This thing is solid metal and weights several hundred
pounds.  As a result UPS is not going to drop it at your door.  Western
Manufacturing sent it to a local shipping yard in Denver, and I had to go
and pick it up in my pick up.    Assembly is a snap (its just a matter of a
few bolts for the Vise, and slipping in the extension panel pipes).

I don't have other lifts to compare against, but this thing is
indestructible.   I will have it the rest of my ridin' days.

Hope that helps.

Lance "Dawgmanaut" LaCerte,  Denver, CO     '99 ST