Re: 6,000 mile update

Blake Sobiloff wrote:
>         I just got my Y2K ST back from the dealer (CalBMW-Triumph) where it had
> its 6K service. They gave it a clean bill of health. Even the rear brake
> [...snip]
>         I got to ride a BMW F650 for the day while the dealer worked on my
> [...snip]
> that I've ridden one, I know I'd have been pretty disappointed. Vague
> controls, very weak front brake, and not too much HP out of that thumper

I used to have a F650 prior to the RS. While my RS was in the shop for the 6K
service they lent me the thumper. I can't believe I used to ride it daily and
toured on it. I think the F lacks focus on dirt and street. So vague is a good
word for it. After one spin on the RS I knew what my next bike was going to be
;-). I don't want to trash on the F as I enjoyed it, but did not know there was
a smoother ride out there.

So I found out that the computer on my bike isn't reading. Back to the shop next
week.

Tai