Re: RS vs ST

Barry,

Have you had a chance to ride the RS and ST back-to-back?

My local dealer-  http://www.bmwscruz.com/menu.html

let me take a nice 10-mile loop on the ST and then on the RS,
one right after the other.

I was surprised at how much I preferred the RS.   For me, the
RS is just more fun to ride.

My logical side said "What?  You're giving up hard saddlebags,
centerstand, better finish, single-sided swingarm, higher-end
suspension, nicer console, etc., etc. just to get sportier handling?

But the emotional side of me said "Yup", and I've never had
second thoughts about getting the RS.  I  like it more.

Most of my riding is commuting to work over 30 miles of twisty
Santa Cruz mountain roads (Hwy 9 to Skyline to Page Mill.  I
love commuting!)  For this kind of use the touring amenities
don't matter as much as the nimble handling.

If  I was doing longer tours or lived somewhere where the roads
weren't so rewarding  I'd think harder about the ST.  The ST is
clearly my second bike choice after the RS.