Re: Oil Leak...HELP!

In a message dated 8/15/00 12:56:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Mike writes:

> My emergency is, that tonight I went to get on my bike after
>  work and looked at the Oil Level glass sight on the side of the bike.  It
>  showed EMPTY!!!!  Yeah, F*&@ing EMPTY!  So i put the bike on the center
>  stand and it went up just a tad, about to the bottem of the glass, enough
>  ride it home.

OK, remember:

1)  Never check the oil level with the bike on the sidestand.  This is WRONG.
2)  Never check the oil level with the bike on the centerstand.  This is
WRONG.
3)  With the bike level front to back, off the stand, upright -- any amount
of oil showing between the lower and upper indicator marks is sufficient for
safe operation of the bike.
4)  Read your owners manual.
5)  In a pinch, you can even add a semi-synth to top up if necessary.  Yeah,
I know - you probably won't be able to sleep at night, but it will be far
better than low or no oil.
6)  Re-read your owners manual.

Best Regards,
Kenny Stewart