Gas/Oil leak

Fellow Dawgs;  I, too, have joined the legion of puddle discoverers!  The last 4 days I have found a small pool of oil/gas directly under the front sprocket cover.  Took the cover off to find an ugly buildup of chainlube, but no obvious leak.  My rear sprocket and chain were replaced last week (at about 9k miles), so I assumed it was a problem with the front sprocket seal, but this does not seem to be the source of the leak.  I'm guessing it's the notorious fuel sender unit causing a gas leak that is running down into the accumulated chain lube and masking itself as an oil leak.  I cleaned out the accumulated chainlube, but the leak persists and it is still not obvious.  Looks like it's back to the shop for more diagnosis.

regards,

Evan Taylor
'Rat Dawg'
East Bay Rider's Association of Triumph