Re: Open plea to Triumph

Maybe there would be a better response if they reported these incidents to
the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The inside front cover of the Owners Handbook under you seat it says:  "If
you believe your vehicle has a defect which could a cause a crash or cause
death or injury, you should immediately inform the gives the National
Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in addition to notifying
Triumph Motorcycles of America......." and goes on to tell how to get in
touch with the  NHTSA at the NHTSA safety hotline (a 1-800-424-9393) or the
address (NHTSA, U.S. Department of Transportation, Washington, DC 20590).

Since my fuel sender hasn't been replace (at least it works! Check out my
comments below) it doesn't seem to want to start to leak (knock on wood! Of
course it doesn't help that I haven't walked in almost 15 weeks let alone
ride!).  But, if it ever starts to leak I'll be calling that 1-800 number
the same day.

>Having no fuel sender
> is hardly worse than the original sender. We all now know to trust the
 >odometer for when to refill.

BTW, checking the odometer left me stranded on the roadside a few times with
my old bike (even with a reserve tank) and this is how it always happened to
me- I'd get on the bike to ride home from work, check the odometer and think
"Bummer I'll need to get gas because I'm going to hit reserve".  Then I'd
hope on the bike in rush hour traffic hit reserve on my way home, see a gas
station and think "Man, it is hot.  I'll just get gas in the morning".  Come
morning, I'd hop on head to work forget all about the gas station and end up
pushing the bike down the road.  I must have done that at least twice a
year.  Sometimes, I think I must be quite an air head.

Adam
Hobbling around Gilbert, AZ