No ride for me [Re: Sprint ride - August 20]

No ride for me either.

My RS is in CalBMWTriumph again having the tank replaced. Of course the
tank is not in stock and no one knows when they will get it.

It has been leaking fuel and dripping oil since the day I bought it
6 months ago. I does make me wonder whether the service department at
CalBMWTriumph are incompetent or is it because Triumph make unreliable
bikes.

Hopefully this time they will fix it but thats what I hoped on each of
the last five occasions.

Cheers,
KEv

> Matt Knowles wrote:
> > For you ST & RS riders in the San Franscisco Bay Area:
> > Here's the schedule and route for the August 20th ride.
>
> You know I was really looking forward to this ride and was going to meet up with
> Paul Master to ride from the East Bay to the meeting spot. But my bike is
> leaking fuel big time, again.
>
> I noticed a couple drops on the garage and the day I was to take it
> CalBMWTriumph, the stain on the floor was a 5"x3" oblong. This sucks! I bring
> the bike in to them to diagnos the problem with my bike's computer as it not
> reading anything or output. Eli and the guys look at it and it's the sender
> again.
>
> It's at home leaking even more gas and oil on my garage floor. You can smell the
> gas on approach to the garage, it's really bad. I now am waiting for the parts
> to come in - feul sender and rely for the something-I-forgot.
>
> Oh well, it was nice for 7K miles without the gas dripping.
> - --
> Tai Day
> '00 RS

- --
Kevin Unthank         \  Dad always thought laughter was the best
Sun Microsystems       \  medicine, which I guess is why several
kevin.unthank@xxxxxxx   \  of us died of tuberculosis.
www.off-road.com/~unthank\                          -- Jack Handy