Re: Jack Lilley comes through again

Yes,  this happened to me a few days ago.  My theory about what happened to
me is that I had not properly closed the latches so that the bag popped open
while I was travelling 75MPH.  Then I guess that the violent rush of wind
yanked the pannier out of the mounting brackets.  I too had to unlock the
mounting latch to re-secure the bag.

Of note, I had taken a suggestion posted on the list a few months ago and
had drilled holes in the "foot" of each bag and had strung a bungee between
the two bags in order to reduce the bags flopping around at higher speeds.
This bungee stayed connected and dragged the pannier behind the bike.

The main damage to the pannier is scratched lid and latches.  My bike is
black.  Does anyone know of a black spray paint that might match.  Or does
anyone know if the black panniers are painted.  It looks like they might be
polished plastic.

Cheers,

Peter Licht
99 ST