Re: Join the crowd..

Marc,

Can you tell which side of the bike the puddle is forming on?  The fuel sender is (I believe) on the left side of the tank causing gas leaks to drip down the left side of the engine picking up grease and gunk from the front sprocket area and forming a puddle by the side stand.  If SBT routed the drain hose properly when they reinstalled your gas tank, the end
of the hose should be in a clip on the right side of the exhaust pipe just behind the right side lower fairing.  There are two hoses:  one for the fill overflow and one for expansion overflow.

Keep in mind I  have a 49 states version and no carbon canister, but I assume the other things above are the same.

To answer your question about heat, my bike gets parked in full afternoon sun on the side stand with just the Triumph cover on it.  I haven't noticed any excessive overflow from the tank and I live in New Mexico.  I always fill the tank to the bottom of the filler tube and park it with whatever gas I have left.

Hope this helps.

Dan Wallander
'99ST