Re: Introduction.......

> My name is Rick Nelson and I live in Western Australia ....
> to see if I was just blinded with desire or if the bike is really that good.

Hi Rick

Not Ricky Nelson the guitarist?

As the proud new owner of a yellow RS I reckon it IS that good, but of course I'm biased. I'm still running in (@850 miles) so there hasn't really been time for any faults to show up yet. I can say that the brakes, handling and especially the engine are truly awesome! I've been riding it every chance I get since buying it last Wednesday. I'm now allowed up to 8000 rpm, but I already reckon the 'sweet spot' is around 5000 rpm, where the carbon race can takes on an unearthly wail ... and the bike takes off like a scalded cat, with an effortless rush. It pulls seriously enough for lazy gearless overtaking from about 3000, and also seems quite happy to purr along at below 2000 in top gear in slow traffic. The low bars are great on the open road but a pain in slow traffic, which I intend to fix with ST bars. I find the forks a bit soft (I like bendy country roads), others who prefer comfort say the rear is too hard, but I haven't played with any of the multiple adjustments yet. It's easily the best bike I've ever had (and I've had a few). Fit and finish do show some of the cost- and weight-saving Triumph have done, but it's also more nimble than the ST, and as soon as you sit on it you realise it's still a very classy ride. Oh yes - I took it out last night too, and the lights are fantastic.

Barry
88 Hawk
95 Thunderbird
00 RS