RE: RS Fuel Sender?

At 02:08 PM 8/18/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>   The RS does have a fuel sender, and it has leaked, although the
>replacement that I got has not.  I am guessing here, but it is probably the
>same unit in the ST, it only tells the computer when to light the Low Fuel
>Light, instead of a gauge reading.  Someone with an ST part number post, and
>I will see if I can find anything about mine.

My fuel sender has been replaced after 200 kms because the fuel light
didn't turn off even with a full tank. Now I'm at 10000 kms and the fuel
sender has started to leak ! :-((((((
I've already booked for her 10K service next week, so I'll ask for a new
fuel sender replacement.
BTW, yes, it is the same unit in the ST.

I have a doubt about warranty. Triumph provides a two year warranty on the
bike, but what happens if my third fuel sender replaced now (with the bike
8 months old), starts leaking when the bike is two years and a month old?
(while the fuel sender is 8 months younger)

Ciao,
Andrea