RS fork upgrade

Hi.

I'm seriously considering buying new fork springs and oil for my RS, and
was wondering if someone else already did so.
That's because I'm disappointed on how the stock fork is performing. At
first some more pre-load seemed to be sufficient to correct that
too-soft-diving in the first part of the dive. But now I have quite no more
pre-load to add and still find the fork too soft in the first part, plus it
started making a weird noise ("chuff") on sharper dives.

Also, how difficult is to replace the fork springs? I've never done such a
job, and was wondering if I could be able to, or should let the dealer do it.

Andrea
        Andrea@xxxxxxxxx
Triumph Sprint RS (lampu grogu)
        Sardinia - Italy

PS: I've seen no RS in the pictures from the rallye. Is it possible? BTW,
with some friends we organize a similar event every year in mid-october (in
Sardinia). If any of the european subscribers is interested in
partecipating please contact me.