Fuel dilution of engine oil

I get my engine oil analyzed each time I do an oil change.  7000 kms ago,
the oil analysis came back and indicated 1.5% fuel dilution in my engine
oil.  Hand in hand with this fuel dilution situation was the fact that my
oil viscosity was out of whack.  So, to get on with the story, I let the
dealer know and they took the bike in and readjusted things and double
checked the exhaust gas emissions.  Everything seemed to be okay.  I also
changed up to a 20w50 oil since a certain synthetic oil manufacturer doesn't
offer a 15w50.  I have just received the latest results of another oil
analysis and it is indicating 1% fuel dilution.  Worse yet is the fact that
the oil viscosity is lower than it was the last time I had the oil analyzed.
The viscosity was sitting somewhere between a 30 and a 40 weight oil at 100
deg C.  Pretty low since I am running 20w50.  On the plus side, the wear
metal levels are really low...the oil analysis didn't "flag" any metals for
excessive levels...and the levels are substantially lower than the ones from
the first analysis.  So, I put it to you...where the is this fuel coming
from?  Leaking rings???

p.s.  A Speed Triple owner just confirmed with me that his analysis
indicated 1% fuel dilution in his oil and yet his oil viscosity was within
specs.  What's up with that?

Garry Bird
bird@xxxxxxx