Riding the Ridge 2000, Wednesday

	David "Bird Dawg" and I arrived and while unloading Eric "Weasel Dawg"
and Ken Pickett pulled in from Florida.
	One of the Pisgah Inn attendants came over and commented that "It's a
hot one today". Bird Dawg and I looked at each other and laughed. We
said that we're from the Dallas area. How hot was it? 81 degrees! I
commented that it was hard getting that cool at night back home and it
was around 104-106 during the day.
	Two riders pulled up on a Honda VFR and Triumph Legend who introduced
themselves as Scott and Beth Friday. I asked where they were from and
found that they were about three hours south of our home and lived in
Huntsville, Texas. I asked if they knew Sly Dawg and Aqua Dawg and they
replied yes! Small world isn't it. I told them that they'd be here
tomorrow and they should come back and ride with us. Guess I was still
feeling the remorse of laughing at the two VFR riders in Arkansas last
year at lunch:-)
	We had a fine easy ride late in the afternoon and I could tell we were
into some great riding ahead. To be continued??
- --
Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
"I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"