Fuel dilution of engine oil - responses

>Subject: Re: Fuel dilution of engine oil

>Would you mind telling us who does the analysis and how much it costs?

>Neil

Response:  I get the analysis done by a local oil analysis outfit.  I hear
Amsoil also offers oil analysis.  Locally I pay about $16 cad.

>From: Eric Sheley <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Fuel dilution of engine oil

>At 09:59 AM 8/24/00 -0400, Bird, Garry wrote:
>I get my engine oil analyzed each time I do an oil change.  7000 kms ago,
>the oil analysis came back and indicated 1.5% fuel dilution in my engine
>oil.  Hand in hand with this fuel dilution situation was the fact that my

Did you send them some stock from a bottle to see what they reported ?

Response:  Actually, they have the "new oil data" on the sheet so a person
can compare what the new oil looks like compared to their sample.  I didn't
actually send them a new oil sample right from one of my bottles.  After
all, the oil is factory sealed and from a reputable manufacturer so I
wouldn't expect that the oil is substandard.

Garry Bird
bird@xxxxxxx