Re: Fuel Senders and the open plea to Triumph

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000 vero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The VFR and BMW don't have any quality or refinement problems, and if
> Triumph refines the ST for next year, well, I'm probably going to go that
> route.  (cheaper than the BMW, more exotic than the VFR)

I've riden a VFR and a Sprint ST; not a question; not a doubt in
my mind I would get the ST!

All I kept on hearing is how the VFR has low end torque, well my
9r has more low end torque than the VFR does, and it does not even
start to work correctly until 6,000 rpm! My feet felt like they
were going to vibrate off on the VFR as well.

Ooopps sorry about that. But for some stupid reason people believe
that Honda make the best friggin bike possible, it just aint so!

All manufactures have their good points and bad. IMNSHO, Kawi
engines rule (I know Jerry, Kawasaki sucks :-), Yamaha is the most
radical, Honda does have the best fit and finish, and good reliability,
(outside Kawasakis engines of course). BMW maybe very good, but
you pay so very dearly for it, I'll let Eric M comment.

With the ST, you get a very good bike, maybe at a slighly higher
price, but fairly reasonable. Very decent engine, good hard luggage.
And as far as I am concerned handles every bit as good as a sports
bike on the road (at least in the limits in which I feel comfortable).

Which actually made me feel like a wimp, considering Eric, Eric,
Paul where going no slower than me and my 9r at the ralley. In fact
I was mostly following Eric/Jamie or John.

I honestly believe if you go to the VFR, because < 10% of the STs
are having a slight problem with the fuel sender, you will be making
a mistake.

Thomas, still catching up, and am completely positive I will be
getting a ST

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664