Re: Rear Seat Luggage

"Otaiwan (Tai) Day" wrote:

> If you are asking about the soft saddle bags, I'll give you my endorsement. They
> are fab.

I agree that the Sport Throw-over Panniers are great.  However, I discovered one
problem during my trip to the Rallye in NC.  The polyurethane lining peeled away from
the nylon fabric of the rain covers where the covers were "flapping in the breeze"
against the pannier.  However, the bags were not fully expanded on this trip.  During
my trip to STAR in Colorado, I travelled with the bags fully expanded so the rain
covers fit very snug against the bags with no flapping.

I need to bring the bags to my dealer for inspection... don't know if it will be
covered under warranty and I'm not sure there is a cure to the problem since there's
no way to prevent the "flapping" when the bags are not in "expanded mode".  Perhaps
the poly lining was not soft/supple enough?  We'll see.

GG
"Wiener Dawg"