Re: Street luge at the Rallye (was Re: Back) -- Long message

"Matt Knowles" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Bill. That's one of the best accident reviews I've read, and there
> is a lot to learn from it. Much better than reading, "Those grass
clippings
> jumped out into the road and threw my bike to the ground." I wish more
> accidents would get reported with that kind of detail.

Thanks.  As you might guess I had altogether too much prior experience
filling out accident reports and also being subsequently debriefed.  The
debriefing was very important as a mechanism for the attending responders to
review their own response (but never with criticism) as well as for others
to learn from.  And in the cases of particularly traumatic scenes it was
essential to help the responders deal with their own stress.

> Glad you were there,
> and that reminds me, I've been meaning to sign up for those first aid
> classes...

I'm just very glad that I didn't have to put any of my training into use!

Definately sign up for those classes!  I'd recommend both basic and advanced
first aid and CPR for all modalities (infant, juvenile and adult).  I'm
overdue for refreshers for everything, although I had my scuba rescue skills
"touched up" in June -- probably the least practical and definately the
least used of my trainings.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"