Fork stress revisited

Remember back in March, when one of the hot topics on this list was the
wrinkles in the paint on the forks at the pinch bolts? (Yes, Miss
Harding, that is a run on sentence.)

I hate bringing up an old thread but I have my reason. Today while
washing and polishing the Blue Devil I noticed the wrinkles on my left
fork. (Would that be the salad fork?) I had never noticed them before
and I recall looking for the wrinkles when the thread was hot.

Did anything ever become of that? Did anyone get their forks replaced as
a result of the wrinkles? If so, please give us the sordid details. I go
in for my 6k service in 9 days. If this is still an addressable issue I
would like to deal with it then.

I dug through the archives and it seems that the topic was dropped as
quickly as it popped up.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

"The moment you're born you start dying.
 So you might as well have a good time."
                             Cake