Legend damage not as bad a feared

Howdy,

	Just wanted to give you folks an update about Beth's Legend.
The forks are NOT bent... woohoo!!  Now we are just down to replacing
brackets and the like.  Hopefully the parts issue with TOA has been
resolved so we don't have to wait forever to get a few brackets.  Jimmy
(mechanic at Motorcycle Mania) assures me that the bike will be ready
to ride for our Labor Day tromp in the Texas hill country, assuming he
gets the parts hehe.  Beth is anxious to get back on that horse and
ride!  Can't say I blame her.
	On a funny note.  We were hanging out at the dealer checkingout
the blue Sprints on the showroom floor.  There is a new young salesman
at the shop I have nenver seen before.  He knows of Beth's small
accident.  While I am in the back talking with Jimmy about the Legend,
he is in the front room regailing Beth with his exploits on a Daytona.
He's trying to impress her with his cutting edge riding that results in
his flipping his bike supposedly 14 times.  I'm impressed... NOT!  Then
when I mention that we are interested in getting Beth a Sprint, he
comments, "Gee, if she can't handle a Legend, what makes you think she
can handle a Sprint?"  I manage to hold my tongue and just blow him
off.
	Beth has ridden 15,000 miles incident free.  She has not
flipped her bike even once.  This, her first accident, was a very low
speed run off into soft grass resulting in her dropping the bike on its
side and her only receiving a few minor bruises for her efforts.  How
many guys can claim to have that many miles without an accident?  This
guy was a hoot and he certainly did not make me feel like buying a bike
from him.  I guess if you are a guy and you ride like a madman and
wreck, it is because you are such a bad ass.  If you are a girl and
have a mild mannered wreck, it is because you can't handle the bike...
hehe.
	Anyone have a blue 2000 Sprint they want to part with?

Adios,