Re: Polished wheels

The powder-coating isn't something I'm looking forward to. As far as the
spokes go, I got a wild hair to polish my B&M forced induction unit several
years ago - I still have blisters from all the sanding.

The fact that I've already done the polishing aluminum thing is why the idea
is still stuck in the back of my mind and not the front.

Frank
'00 ST "BRIT BK"
'92 FLHS "Geezer Glide"

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000 21:23:40 EDT, ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  In a message dated 8/25/00 11:56:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
>  owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>  > >Couldn't you just strip the black paint then polish? That idea is
kinda in
>  >  >the back of my mind.
>  Carefull this is not as easy as you may think. First the wheels are
powder
>  coated not easily removed. Second the spokes are porous not smooth when
>  stripped. This means the metal must be sanded etc to get it close to a
>  polishable surface.
>

>  David Viosca
>  -Bird Dawg-
>  "Keep your nose to the wind"

*   *
>        The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by Jack Lilley Ltd.
>            http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/lilley for more info

End of st-digest V2000 #441