Not much to complain about (long)

I'm beginning to feel left out.  I know that saying this is tempting the
fates, but we've been reading so many messages reporting of problems
lately that I decided it is time to balance the scales.

Jewel now has 6800 miles.  She's overdue for her 6K service, but my
excuse is that she was well under that when I left for the Rallye.
Other excuse is that the only dealer within an hour of me closed shop
recently and I can't get the time off to take her to either of Sarasota
(south 1.5 hours), Spring Hill (north 1 hour) or Orlando (east 1.5
hours) then wait while the work is done.

She doesn't leak fuel.  No oil leaks either.

Her topbox and pannier interiors have remained dry in the severest
Florida storms, whether parked or moving at interstate speeds.  Nor do
they flop around.  The pannier rails aren't looking worn.

Her brake pads don't show unusual wear.

All the lights work, all the time.  So do the heated grips whenever I
think to try them which isn't often during a Florida summer!

Her clearcoat isn't wrinkling on the front fork.

Still has the original shifter linkage.

The black edging on the windscreens (I have both tall and short) hasn't
come off and flapped around while riding, rain or shine.

Her fuel pump doesn't make annoying whines that never cease.

Jewel's original battery still seems to have lots of juice.  She never
fails to start quickly (unless I've left the sidestand down and she's in
gear -- my fault).

The rubber boots on the mirror stalks generally remain in place.
Usually if they are off it is because I've folded the mirrors putting
the cover on and forgot to put the boots back in place.

OK, I'll admit that the neutral light flickers so her engine will
usually die if the sidestand is down.  And her fuel sender isn't always
reliable, sometimes reading empty long before I know it could be.  But
these things are nothing! I can live with them.

You know, I think I'm glad to be feeling left out.  I'm actually a very
happy man.  :-)

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL