Euro lights

Keith Peters <keith_peters@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Jim at 11:48 30/08/2000 , you wrote:
>> I've started noticing that Honda Blackbirds in this country only seem
>> to use one bulb for dip, and with their stacked headlights they
>> couldn't possibly be taken for cars.

> I always thought that the Blackbirds light was split with one part
> being dip and the other high.

    Oh well, so much for that idea ;-)

> Maybe it was this law that gave the Triumph designers the idea for the
> free 'Y' fronts on the TT600. I wonder what design new bikes will
> incorporate.

    Could be.  Are there two headlights in there, or is it just a funky
lens?  I'm inclined to think that a lot of recent changes in front end
design are either to look different (Aprilia RSV Mille, Triumph TT600)
or due to aerodynamic concerns (Honda Blackbird, Suzuki Hayabusa).

> Do you think Triumph and the other manufactures will move towards a
> single light unit.

    No idea.

> The Fireblade seems to have a good idea for getting around this with a
> single center dip and two high beams either side (well at least that's
> what it looks like to me, not sure if that's exactly how it operates).

    I can't find any clear pictures, but it sounds rather like the
Aprilia RSV Mille arrangement to me.

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_            Fortunately, I never leave home without
  gillespie.org   / -.--.    ___  a few hundred dollars (you never know
                 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-' when a poker game might break out)
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                         -- Patti Beadles