Re: Fork stress revisited

Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I never had the wrinkles, but I expected them to show up after I had a
> new front tire mounted a couple of weeks ago. However, the clearcoat's
> still smooth as ever. Maybe there's some overtorqueing goin' on...

    No offence, but are you *certain*?  I have them, but they're only
visible when the light hits them at the right angle.  On the day I
discovered them I'd checked for them before leaving home and found
nothing, but they were clearly visible when I got to work!

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_            Fortunately, I never leave home without
  gillespie.org   / -.--.    ___  a few hundred dollars (you never know
                 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-' when a poker game might break out)
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                         -- Patti Beadles