RE: five years of triumph

>> first off i believe triumph has somehow detuned this motor from the st.
i have the race can and performance tune and this made no noticeable
difference in power. i have now ridden four different st's and three
different rs's. all in stock form. the st has a noticeable increase in low
end torque, which based on the sprocket size and supposably the same motor
should have been the rs. the dyno's iv'e seen have all shown the rs with
about ten less horse at the wheel. why is this?  how about poor fit and
finish. riding at night you see the edges of the lights through the fairing
due to a poor fit. the tach is illegible under city lights. and my right
hand is going numb on a regular basis. when the the bike gets hot there is a
noticeable loss of high end power. no helmet locks and a piss poor clutch
lever. i have saved my biggest gripe for last. the suspension on this bike
absolutely blows.  elvus<<

Sorry to hear 'bout your troubles. Funny thing is, I picked up a copy of the
Sept issue of Roadracing World yesterday and they had a comparison article
involving the Triumph RS, Aprilla Falco, and the Bandit 1200...and their
complaints about the RS exactly mirror yours. It almost seemed like I was
reading the article all over again. Given your experiences, you may just
need to sell the thing and move on. As much as I'm enjoying my ST, I
couldn't tolerate problems like that for long.

So far, knock on e-wood, my only problem is an ongoing fuel pump whine that
can't be fixed. Annoying as hell. At least it usually stops after about
ten-fifteen minutes.

Best of luck,
Brett
Seattle