pannier/tire warning and track day questions

pete licht <aloishus@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Dear List,
> After a day of aggressive riding on some very bumpy roads (scraping
> pegs, plastic and center stand) with stock suspension settings, I
> noticed strange wear on my D207 rear tire.  The very left edge side of
> the tire was abraded by contact with the pannier installed seat lock
> mechanism.  [...]

    Eeeyouch!

> On another note, I plan to take the ST to a track day soon and have
> learned that taping of the mirrors and lights is required.  I know
> that mirror removal is easy, is it easy to disconnect the headlight
> and brakelight?

    You should be able to remove the fuse for the headlights.  There's a
connector for the brake light that is easily reachable with the rear
bodywork off; I'm not sure how easy it is to get at with the bodywork
on.

> Also since I have never been, any general track info dos-and dont's
> would be appreciated.

    There's plenty in the archives, but here are a few:

    * DO build up speed slowly
    * DO drink enough fluids
    * DO resist the temptation to do "one last session" if you're
      getting tired
    * DO have loads of fun :-)

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_            Robin:    "How's the bike Duncan?"
  gillespie.org   / -.--.    ___  Duncan:   "Don't know .. they haven't
                 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-'            brought all of it back yet!"
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/