Re: Motorcyclist magazine

Hey Marc how about a tire test.. but with a twist, why not test for
WET traction that's the one thing everyone always wonders  " how good
are they in the rain"  So the question is HOW to test wet traction.
Well it's of course easy with a car, one doesn't need to worry about
crashing.
So I was thinking what about hooking up with Keith Code? He has that
slide machine at his school ya know those out-riggers for learning
about lean angle. Anyway why not get a bunch of the top sport touring
tires ( Metzeler , Pirelli, Dunlop etc) mount them up to a bike with
the out-riggers, wet down a big old patch of asphalt and using a G
force meter see which ones stick the best and give the best feedback
on when and how they'll break loose in the wet. as an aside if you
did the testing at the Code school you could also get an article on
his school..

Erik