Re: Turn Signal Indicators

In your message regarding Turn Signal Indicators dated Fri, 1 Dec 2000
15:39:33 -0800, Neil Lindsey said that ...

>NL-  Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the 'latching' that occurs
>NL-  when the ST or RS turn signal switch is moved to the left or right?  I
>NL-  assume that disassembly would be required.

Of no help regarding your question but the issue has struck a note with me
as, having returned to two wheels after a break of >13 years, one of the
greatest irritations I have found is the push to cancel feature of m/c
indicators.

Back in the dark ages you used to push a switch one way and all the time
it was switched over and that green flashing light on the console/speedo
was also flashing (sometimes not visible in strong sunlight) you knew that
the indicator was in operation on the side to which the switch was pushed
and had remained.  To cancel you pushed the switch to the centre. To
indicate to other way you pushed the switch in opposite direction.

Thus you had a warning that the indicator was flashing by virtue of the
console light and by the position of the switch plus a method of
determining _which_ indicators (R or L) were flashing by that switch
position. It now seems that in the quest for 'improvements' the simple but
infallible means of determining the latter (in the absence of separate
displays for each side) has been lost.

Is this really an improvement?  or am I missing something here?

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/

'99 Red ST