re: Can't help but reckon these 'bars aint straight!

Jim at 11:31 01/12/00 -0800, you wrote:
>         It could be just an effect of eye dominance. Since you're probably
>looking at your bars while on the bike, you're very close to them from a
>parallax perspective and they will appear slightly different to each eye.
>Whichever of your eyes is dominant is what your brain will "see".

Haven't tried this idea yet to confirm it or not.

I can't type for Paul, but not only does it look closer but I also get the
feeling that the right bar is closer to me than the left when I initially
get on the bike and move away. This sensation passes very quickly though
cause I'm trying to look where I'm going as opposed to how the bars look.
Taking your idea one step further I could of course ride with one eye
closed and then close the other (mental note - open first eye before
closing the second) to see what happens ;-)

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg Dawg & Long Tail (00 Blue ST)"