Auxiliary Lighting On the ST

Well after last summers night ride on the Blue Ridge, and darkness
setting in at 4:30pm I decided that extra light was sorely needed. I
guess these old eyes just ain't what they used to be. I had installed
a set of PIAA 1100X driving lights when I had my K12RS and they did a
very good job of lighting things up. So after much though about were
to mount a set of these miniature flame throwers I settled on the
front fender mounting bolts (on either side of the front fender,
where the stupid looking reflectors used to go) as the best all
around spot. I wanted to mount them higher but anywhere else either
interfered with the front end compressing or looked just too tacked
on. As for performance well the PIAA's are bright enough (the pair
put out 96,00 candle power!) that the bikes headlights are now almost
superfluous! I'll try to get some pictures up on the ST site. I can
say that the installation was rather straight forward except for
having to modify the PIAA wiring harness ( some needed shortening
some needed lengthening, some connectors needed re-locating).

Erik