RE: Touring in France

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C05EA0.A64D097E

Re: Speed Traps in France.
Some years ago I took 6 months off work and just toured Europe from =
March to
September. One man and his tent!
I had absolutely no problems with French motorists, campsite security =
etc.
Nothing but praise.
Lost it briefly on some bendies in Switzerland (ended up on the =
left-hand
side) and took the rear bumper off a scabby old 2CV coming up the hill. =
He
tried to sue me for what seemed like the cost of a whole new 2CV!

Only ever had one run in with a speed trap, just north of Le Mans, on =
the
day before the 24 Heure, a bad place to be!
Traffic was solid, the vintage cars had been streaming down there all =
day,
dumping gallons of diesel on the road. It then started to rain..and =
rain and
rain, the road turned into a skating rink, roundabouts were just acts =
of
faith.
Eventually I hit a straight section, and opened it up, straight into a =
speed
gun.
They pulled me over and demanded about =A370.
I had run out of FF and only had sterling, they offered to escort me to =
the
bank to change the money or get it out on the Visa card.
I was cold wet and scared. I speak fluent French but decided to be mono
lingual. Standing out in the pouring rain, pleading poverty in =
Franglais, I
think I managed a tear as well.
They let me off!
When I got to my destination I spent the equivalent of my fine on a =
hotel
room with a hot bath and a lovely bottle of Vin Rouge.
Neil Tracey.
Bath.