Why I love my dealer and my Xmas gift.

The Blue Devil went in for a warranty repair. The neutral switch was
acting silly. I went down to pick it up today and I almost didn't
recognize it. They washed and polished it! Now it wasn't quite at the
Dirty Dawg stage but it was close. New York City commutes and rain had
put a crusty layer on it. The assistant shop manager said "I had to. I
felt so sorry for it." I really love those guys at Freehold (NJ)
Triumph! They treat me like royalty.

Anyway. I had left my previous job and took two days off before starting
a new one. I was able to pick up the Blue Devil today instead of
saturday. Due to scheduling and running around my wife and I scrambled
out the door with me carrying my gear so I could change in the car on
the way down. Half way through the 50 mile trip I discovered that I had
left my beat up work/riding boots at home and had only my sneakers. I
joked about buying new boots and my wife told me that I could get them
for a Xmas present.

Now I had firmly believed that due to the warranty repair I would
actually walk out of the dealership with out spending a penny. But the
motorcycle gods knew better. I just can not leave that place a little
broker.

The only good pair of boots that they had left in stock were the Trophy
boots in MY SIZE! I whipped out the plastic. Tied my sneakers to the top
rack and went on my merry way home in the 34 degree and windy weather.

At one point on the way I went to change lanes. I did a quick glance and
I caught something odd out of the corner of my eye. On the pavement was
the shadow of one of my sneakers flopping in the breeze. I don't think I
could have looked any sillier. But at least my tootsies were warm in my
new boots.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
A Red Sox fan living in Yankee country

2000 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"
1980 Honda CM400T "My Little Red Putt-Putt"

I.A.T.S.E. Locals #52 & 84

"If you live a long time and pay attention, you'll know a whole bunch of
useful things; and you'll find, in time, that old go-fast guys have no
wrinkles on the inside."
                                 Gordon Jennings