Re: Falco

> >I wonder why you think the Sprint is faster, since the Falco specs (at least)
> >show a lighter bike with more horsepower.

The Falco is significantly faster than the Sprint. The latest issue of Superbike has a comparo of the RS, Falco, VFR, and ST4. By their dyno charts, the RS makes the most hp under 6k, but once over that, the Falco quickly beats everything. The RS peaks at 100@9500, the Falco 113@9250.

Its the same story with torque. Below 6k, the RS kicks ST and VFR butt, and even edges out the  Falco. But above 6k, the RS drops, while the Falco continues to rise. Peak torque on the RS is 66 ft lbs@ 5000, the Falco 72@7300.

Quarter mile times bear out the dyno results. Superbike does 3 quarter runs for each bike, and publishes them. The best result for the RS was 11.59 sec with 118 mph terminal velocity. The Falco's best was 11.0@129.

Superbike (which is heavily biased towards sportbikes) picked the Falco as its hands down favorite, saying that the Falco is not only faster, more importantly, it feels faster than its competitors.

I think its interesting that it seems like so many folks on this list seriously considered the Ducati, but relatively few seemed to have considered the Falco. Perhaps its a function of the selection process. Maybe there are lots of folks who chose the Sprint over the Ducati, hence they're on this list. Whereas the Sprint mostly loses to the Falco, so those folks aren't on the list. Just a thought...

Daphne

Shop Name-Brand stores for the holidays using the Nettaxi StoreRunner!
http://shop.storerunner.com/nettaxi/