Re: Tools - Good Brand Names

- --=====================_342993173==_.ALT

At 10:18 PM 12/10/00 +0000, Bradders wrote:
>I'm off to New Orleans tomorrow

Cool - be sure to have some Gumbo for me ..... how long you going to be
there ?

>(Monday) and as it is Christmas I thought
>I'd pick up some tools for working on the bike/messing about in the garage.
>Question which Brands should I look for and where will I find them i.e.
>Wal-Mart etc.  Furthermore, what brands should I avoid?

Well, Snap On and Matco both supply to mechanics, but you must buy through
a distributor.

If you want a good quality tool, without breaking the bank, I would go with
Craftsman Tools (available at Sears) or Kobalt Tools (available at Lowes).
The closest Lowes appears to be in Hammond, about 45 miles from New
Orleans. Lowe's of Hammond, LA 3007 Highway 190 West
Hammond, LA 70403 (504) 345-5666 A Sears store might be easier to find and
will typically have a better selection.

http://www.sears.com and then click on tools
http://www.kobalttools.com

If you want a high quality tool, my preference is Stahlwille (North
American division located in Sarasota FL) http://www.stahlwille.com/

Just my 02 - hope others have some other options for you as well.

- - Eric

- --=====================_342993173==_.ALT

At 10:18 PM 12/10/00 +0000, Bradders wrote:<br>
Cool - be sure to have some Gumbo for me ..... how long you going to be
there ? <br>
thought<br>
I'd pick up some tools for working on the bike/messing about in the
garage.<br>
Question which Brands should I look for and where will I find them
i.e.<br>
Wal-Mart etc.&nbsp; Furthermore, what brands should I
avoid?</blockquote><br>
Well, Snap On and Matco both supply to mechanics, but you must buy
through a distributor. <br>
If you want a good quality tool, without breaking the bank, I would go
with Craftsman Tools (available at Sears) or Kobalt Tools (available at
Lowes). The closest Lowes appears to be in Hammond, about 45 miles from
New Orleans. Lowe's of Hammond, LA 3007 Highway 190 West <br>
Hammond, LA 70403 (504) 345-5666 A Sears store might be easier to find
and will typically have a better selection. <br>
and then click on tools<br>
Just my 02 - hope others have some other options for you as well.<br>
- - Eric<br>