Trailering

	My two cents from twenty years of hauling dirt bikes around to the
races.
	Always snug down the tie downs enough to keep the bike from swaying
side to side or your headed to trouble. I've seen the wounded bikes
laying on the trailers or against the pick up bed box wall creating nice
impressions in bed rail top and bikes.
	Always secure with pressure from the front to ensure a forward pull and
downward angle in line with the fork angle.
	Use those handle bars extension straps around the handle bar cast riser
area. This keeps the strap off the fairing and doesn't compress the
grips or even remotely mess with the throttle.
	Don't use tape to keep the hooks on. You never know how long the tape
will stick to the surface with the hook movement in transportation. Use
a bungie cord. Place the bungie hooks in the top and bottom eyelet of
the tie down strap. Whenever the strap becomes slack from vehicle
movement the bungie will keep the hooks firm while the strap itself
becomes loose and then re-tightens. never seen this method fail.
	One more thing. use secure tie down points. I've seen the cheap pick up
bed rubber plug inserts pull out, rubber tear, and cheap almost pewter
cast tie down brackets break way too often. Spend a little money here to
save a lot more in the future.
	Not that the Rude Dog would ever trailer a bike anywhere, including
North carolina:-)

- --
Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"