Re: Trailering

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, lowedaph@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Here's what I've gleaned from trailering my bike several times,
> including once learning the hard way, how not to do it.

> Chocking the wheels is irrelevant. If the bike is securely cinched
> down, the wheel won't move. If the bike isn't adequately cinched
> down, chocking the wheel won't save it from tipping over.

The only thing I will add to this, is, take it for a test drive
once you have it on the trailer or in the best.

Before I started to use handle bar straps the front wheel only
walked a bit, not with the handle bar straps the front wheel walks
across the front of the bed, so I created a mini chalk that keeps
the front of the front whell from sliding.

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664