Duc Crash

Here's one to put in your memory bank.

A group of us were out riding last Sunday. 3 R1's, a VFR, my ST, and a 916
trick out to the gills w/ $10k worth of carbon and Beringer brakes. We are
all ver experienced riders. An ex-roadracer was out front on his R1. I was
2nd and the Duc was behind me. We came up to a left hand nice banked corner
with a big oak tree leaning over it and putting it in shadow. As soon as the
R1 cranked over the rear stepped out big time. I watched him save it by
countersteering and feathering the gas. Mine did the same as soon as I saw
the R1 start sliding. I tried to warn the guys behind me but it was too
late. The Duc went down. Trashed the left side. Everyone else had time to
slow down. We went back to the corner to check it out. Someone had dropped a
LOT of oil all through the corner. Looked like tranny oil. Experience and
instinct were the only things that saved my butt. My buddy on the Duc was OK
but he's been grounded for a while. Be careful out there!
Dennis
Corinth, TX