Re: 2001 RS

Gerrit,

Having come from an exclussively Honda background, I had
somewhat the same problems with my RS when I bought it new
in January.  Unlike with a Honda transmission, you must be
assertive about your shifting with the Sprint; the Triumph
transmission does not just "fall" into gear like a Honda
transmission.  I have found that, once I started make positive up
and down shifts, I stopped finding false neutrals (I was able to
find them between pretty much any two gears).

With miles, the transmission gets better (smoother, less finicky),
but even after 7000 miles, my RS still does not shift as smooth
as my CB750 Nighthawk did the day I bought it new.  However,
the other advantages of the Sprint far outweigh the small
annoyance of the transmission, IMHO.

Welcome to the list, and enjoy the RS!

- -Keith
'00 RS
Fremont, CA, USA

On 12 Dec 2000, at 11:52, Gerrit Herbst wrote:

> Please inform me of similar gearbox problems
> Thanks
> Gerrit (south Africa)

End of st-digest V2000 #655