Re: PIAA Lights

Keith W Peters wrote:

> "We have had very good reports of our EWC-1 bulbs. These bulbs draw 60
> watts on main beam and 55 watts on dip beam yet give equivalent power of
> 110w on main and 100 on dip.

Sorry, but this kind of bunk drives me nutz. There is absolutely no way

that 60w=110w. If you put their bulbs on an integrating sphere you'll find that

they put out the exact same amount of light as "regular" bulbs. The trick
is that the hot spot produced by these lights *is* brighter, but by
taking away illumination from the edges. (Edge lighting's useful for
little things like corners, seeing deer at the side of the roadway, etc.)

Read all the technical details at
<http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/info/superwhites/>.

Now, why would you want to spend your money with a company that lies to
you and charges you a premium on top of it? :-)

Thanks, I feel better now.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA