Re: Aiming headlights WAS: Headlight heat and power draw

Previously, you (Mike Bostock) wrote:
> I may be missing something here but wouldn't this mean that the beam was
> *parallel* to the ground which surely can't be right??

Only the top edge of the beam would be parallel to the ground if done
that way.  However since the beam spreads both up/down as well as
left/right you'll find that the headlights (headlamps) are aimed
downward.

> BTW then when a 16
> stone rider sits on the saddle the beam will then be pointing upwards due
> to the compression of the rear suspension.

Hopefully your front suspension compressed some also.

I'd want to do the alignment with me sitting on the bike for just the
above reason.  That makes it a two-person job I'd guess.  As soon as I
can figure out where to locate 25+ feet of level ground facing a wall.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"