Re: Aiming headlights-This doesn't have to be rocket science

 > All-
 > I think there is an much easier way to aim your headlights.

i agree.

 > 1) Go to you garage and get a screwdriver that can adjust you headlights and
 > also a flashlight.  Put them in you jacket.

on the RS, you can practically do it while riding.  if your arms are _really_
long.  :-)

 > 2) Wait until it gets dark (and maybe cold since it is winter).
 > 3) Fire up your ride and head down a dark road at you typical night time
 > riding speed (I aimed for 55 mph).
 > 4) Are your low beams lighting up the road enough so you could see something
 > (pothole, opossum with his back turned, armadillo, cat, etc) and have time
 > to react to it and avoid it?

check your highbeams too.  are they lighting up things at road level, or
are you wasting light in the trees?  when my RS was delivered, the high
beams were missing distant road signs, and i was being flashed by oncoming
vehicles pretty often, indicating they thought my low beams were too bright.

also, look at where the top edge of the low beam sits on vehicles that
you're behind -- you don't want it to be up in their window where you'll
blind them.

paul