Re: Formatting <or something like that>

Rec'd this back from aol within 24 hrs..........FWIW
Dear Rxcoop,
Seasons Greetings!

Hello! My name is Glenn Mark and I am writing to you on behalf of America
Online in response to your recent email or concern.

I sincerely apologize for the difficulties you are having with the service. I
will do whatever it takes to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

AOL is aware of this issue of some internet address whose systems do not
accept richly formatted/HTML mail. We are actively monitoring the issue. For
the meantime, if you want to send e-mails to Internet addresses which does
not accept HTML e-mails or rich formatting, you can use one of the following
alternatives to send e-mails to this addresses:

1. When sending the e-mail, please remove all formatting from the message
body and send the message in the AOL 6.0 default of Arial, size 10 and please
do not include any bold/italics/underline, colors, or other styles.

Eric> This does not work - the message will still bounce for MIME content.

2. You can send e-mail by using the AOL Mail on the Web at www.aol.com, AOL
Mail on the Web sends mail as plain text only. Juts access the site :
www.aol.com and log on with your AOL screen name and password there.

Eric> This option will work, but will require that you log on to the web. I
am not sure how a post comes through when you use the web - if it changes
your email address (ie making it bob@xxxxxxxxxxx instead of bob@xxxxxxx)
then I will need to add those addresses to the supplemental posting file.
If someone can attempt a post from the web, I would greatly appreciate it.

3. You can also contact the LISTSERV owner from which HTML or formatted mail
is not acceted and ask them to allow HTML mail in the LISTSERV. Some LISTSERV
can accept HTML mail if that option is "turned on" and correctly configured;
this option may be "off" by default in the LISTSERV that rejects your mail.

Eric> Actually it is "on" by default, but most turn it off as it screws up
the digests. You can contact me, but given how nice and readable the last
two digests were, I won't be turning it back on.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I hope the
information helped fix the issue. Thanks for your patience and support.
If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to write back. I
will be more than happy to assist you.

Eric> Basically in a nutshell, if you post from an AOL account, your email
will need to be filtered. I don't mind doing this, but if you have the
ability to look at other email options (like web AOL, Hotmail, etc) I would
appreciate it. If you post from an Version 6 AOL account, just be aware
that there might be a delay in your message making it through to the list.

Thanks to everyone for their patience with this - I know it is a PITA to
have to read all of this if you are not on AOL, but for those people now
enjoying a clean digest, I am sure that it is worth the effort.

- - Eric