Re: Law Enforcement

Hey, let's cool down a bit.  I was just looking for feedback, I guess I
got it.  :)  I was of the same opinion, that the rider could have been
in error, but I wasn't too sure.  Something I would disagree with the
rider about is the complete stop rule: the way I've always been taught
is to put a foot down so OTHERS know I've stopped.  Whether or not I can
stop without setting a foot down is irrelevant, others need to know it
(including officers).

However I think throwing him in the slammer was extreme.  Maybe he
wasn't cooperative and cool headed and that may have set the officers
off, or the officer was just angry because he had tailed this bike for
blocks who just wouldn't pull over.  I would like to say FOR THE RECORD
that I believe officers are good as a whole, they have a job to do which
is dictated by bureaucrats(sp?) in a whole different city perhaps.  The
cops always get the flak.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard about this incident and had any
truth to put upon it.

Later,
	Mark Collett

mksdouglas wrote:

> > Have you guys heard about this?  Read about it on the Thunderace
> > list....   ----snip------
>
> This kind of S**T really burns me.  What was the point of posting this
> inflamitory post?  Obviously it was to re-enforce your negative opinions of
> Law Enforcement officers.  Some poor idiot can't obey traffic laws so he
> puts all the blame on the officers who arrest him, then dramatizes the story
> to make it sound like the Police abused him!  I can see how this would have
> happened to him.  First of all, "rolling" through a stop sign is NOT
> stopping.  The law requires that you yield immediately to law enforcement
> (he obviously did not, because he couldn't see them behind his elbows, or
> hear the siron through the helmet).  Wouldn't this worl be great if everyone
> held themselves accountable for their own actions rather than blame others
> for their own mistakes?
> -Mike
> 00' ST

- --