Meaning of Dawg

Eric Miner wrote:
>>I for one am very appreciative of Eric and all of the Dawgs

^^^^^^^
>>to keep this list peaceful, and more or less on topic

So is "Dawg" the official name for a Triumph ST owner?

I am relatively new to this list, but I have seen this referenced
many times, and in fact one lister who congratulated me on
my new addition (2001 Blue ST), called me a "lucky Dawg".
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but the other lists I have
been involved in (VFR, TL1000S, Bandit1200) have not
used this term that I can remember.

BTW, I do believe that this list has a lower percentage of
flame wars and nonsense posts than most of the others.
Keep up the good work...

- -- Craig