big Sur

In a message dated 12/18/00 9:59:17 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Seasons Greetings everyone,

Can anyone recommend any friendly lodging between
Carmel and Big Sur on California State Highway 1?
I'd like something where I can have my bike rest (me
too) in a safe environment with a tavern/cafe within
walking distance.     >>

No contest-the River Inn at Big Sur wins, hands down. Log cabins, excellent
indoor-outdoor restaurant with good food and friendly service, nearby
old-fashioned general store that sells everything, Dixieland band on Sundays,
and--a river runs through it! Reserve ahead-sorry don't have phone # handy,
but telephone Co. information will have it. Dave Collins, San Diego.