Motorcycle Insight

Well, yesterday was the first day of winter.  I've got snow everywhere and
it isn't going anyplace anytime soon.  So I thought I'd share some of the
motorcycle insight and wisdom from "Sit Down, Shut Up, & Hang On!  A Biker's
Guide To Life" by Penny Powers and Chuck Hays.

1.  Wear heavy boots.  You can't kick things when you're wearing sneakers.

2.  Never argue with a woman holdin' a torque wrench.

3.  The only good view of a thunderstorm is in your rear view mirror.

4.  Only bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car
windows.

5.  Never ask a biker for directions if you're in a hurry to get there.

6.  If it takes more than three bolts to hold it on, it's probably crucial.
(So the Triumph Sprint ST exhaust is not crucial and I showed at the Sprint
Rallye that it can be held on with one bolt instead of three.)

7.  Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline.

8.  Don't sleep where your foot can hit the kickstand.

9.  When people think you're a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, they
generally don't ask you stupid questions.  (For the Harley riders.)

10. Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of gas before you can think straight.

11. A cold hamburger can be reheated quite nicely by strapping it to the
exhaust pipe and riding for 40 miles.

12. Keep your bike in good repair, motorcycle boots are not comfortable for
walking.

13. Good coffee should be indistinguishable from 50-weight oil.

14. Learn to do counterintuitive things that may someday save your butt.

15. When you're riding lead, don't spit.

16. If the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window and
locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them.

17. A friend is someone who'll get out of bed at 2 a.m. to drive his pickup
to the middle of nowhere to get you when you're broken down.

18. Catchin' a june bug at 70 mph can double your vocabulary.

19. A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith, and use up a
lot of gasoline.

20. Winter is Nature's way of telling you to polish.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good ride.

Doug Bailey