Re: heat

<Storkepe@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I had a discussion with my local dealer (SoCal Triumph Brea, CA) and he
> informed me that removal of the belly pan caused a significant amount of
> instability at freeway speeds.  Just food for thought.  He said a customer
> had removed the belly pan and experienced shakes, etc., at speed.
Replacing
> the belly pan remedied the problem.

What a load of B.S. (not from you -- from the dealer) !!!  I rode to, at and
back from the Rallye (680 miles of mostly freeway each direction -- a total
of almost 2,000 miles in 4 days) without my belly pan.  I've had the bike up
to a ton and a quarter without the belly pan (chasing Dilbert Dawg on his
ZX-9R) and sustained that speed long enough to know whether or not it was
stable.  It has been as solid as a rock!

If someone experience instability then I'd look elsewhere for the cause.
- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"